Individual raspberry and almond crumbles
- June 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 45 minutes to make
These individual raspberry crumbles include chopped almonds for extra crunch and will bring your barbecue to a stylish end. They can even be cooked on the grills.
- 400g fresh raspberries
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 100g golden caster sugar, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 175g plain flour
- 85g butter, diced
- 100g chopped or flaked almonds
- Put the raspberries into a large bowl with the orange zest and the extra 2 tablespoons caster sugar, and toss gently. Divide the raspberries between 6 x 10cm disposable foil dishes or any other heatproof dishes or ramekins.
- Make the crumble. Put the plain flour and diced butter into a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs. Stir in the chopped or flaked almonds and golden caster sugar.
- Divide the crumble mixture between each dish or ramekin. Put on the barbecue’s cooking grate and cook indirectly over a high heat for 20-25 minutes until golden. Leave to cool slightly before serving with dollops of crème fraîche or pouring cream.
If you have inclement weather you could cook these in the oven at 180C/fan160C/gas 4 for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...