Lamb steaks with honey and minted peas
- July 2007
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins, plus cooling
This lamb with honey and minted peas recipe is a quick and easy lunch or midweek supper. You can use fresh peas in this recipe, if you have some.
- 600g new potatoes, scrubbed and halved, if large
- 15g butter
- 25g fresh mint, leaves picked and chopped
- 4 x 150g lamb steaks
- 300g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 200g fresh or frozen peas
- Cook the new potatoes in boiling, lightly salted water for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain well and return to the pan. Add the butter and some of the chopped mint. Season well and toss together.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Pop the lamb steaks on the grill rack or a baking tray and season. Cook under the hot grill for 8 minutes, turning halfway, or until tender and cooked medium. Add the tomatoes for the last 2 minutes and grill until blistered. Set aside for 5 minutes, then snip the tomatoes into 4 small sprigs.
- While the steaks are cooking, place the honey, wine, vinegar and sugar in a small pan. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Pour into a large jug and allow to cool.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cool slightly. Stir into the vinegar mixture, along with the remaining mint. Season to taste.
- Divide the honey and minted peas between 4 shallow bowls or plates. Add the lamb steaks and cherry tomato sprigs and serve with the minted new potatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Gill Meller recipes
Barbecued rack of mutton with broad beans, peas and lovage
“There are few things more deeply savoury, satisfying and delicious than salty, smoky lamb cooked...
Moroccan-spiced lamb steaks
This Moroccan inspired recipe offers a healthy alternative to steak and chips – a simple...
Spiced lamb with coriander omelette and sweetcorn salsa
This quick spiced lamb recipe is served with a fragrant coriander omelette and fresh sweetcorn...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...