Spiced lamb with coriander omelette and sweetcorn salsa
- September 2014
- 1 tsp each cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Groundnut oil
- Salt, for seasoning
- 500g British lamb leg steaks
- 3 corn cobs
- 1 red onion
- 10 baby plum tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander leaves
- 6 large free-range eggs
- Extra lime halves to serve (optional)
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, then grind in a pestle and mortar. Mix a drizzle of groundnut oil and some salt, then rub over the steaks. Steam the corn cobs until tender (about 10 minutes), then cut off the kernels and put in a mixing bowl. Finely chop the onion and halve the tomatoes, then add to the bowl. Squeeze over the lime juice and toss through a handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Heat a large frying pan, then fry the steaks on high for 3 minutes on each side for medium. Rest on a board for 5 minutes. Briefly whisk the eggs and season. Chop another handful of fresh coriander leaves, then add to the eggs.
- Clean the pan, then heat a little more oil. Pour in the eggs and cook, scraping the pan with a spatula as the omelette sets. Once the bottom is set, flip and cook the other side for a minute. Cut the omelette into 4, then slice the lamb and serve with the salsa and extra lime halves, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...