Spiced lamb with coriander omelette and sweetcorn salsa
- September 2014
- 1 tsp each cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Groundnut oil
- Salt, for seasoning
- 500g British lamb leg steaks
- 3 corn cobs
- 1 red onion
- 10 baby plum tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander leaves
- 6 large free-range eggs
- Extra lime halves to serve (optional)
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, then grind in a pestle and mortar. Mix a drizzle of groundnut oil and some salt, then rub over the steaks. Steam the corn cobs until tender (about 10 minutes), then cut off the kernels and put in a mixing bowl. Finely chop the onion and halve the tomatoes, then add to the bowl. Squeeze over the lime juice and toss through a handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Heat a large frying pan, then fry the steaks on high for 3 minutes on each side for medium. Rest on a board for 5 minutes. Briefly whisk the eggs and season. Chop another handful of fresh coriander leaves, then add to the eggs.
- Clean the pan, then heat a little more oil. Pour in the eggs and cook, scraping the pan with a spatula as the omelette sets. Once the bottom is set, flip and cook the other side for a minute. Cut the omelette into 4, then slice the lamb and serve with the salsa and extra lime halves, if you like.
Rate & review