Miso ginger coleslaw
- December 2020
- Serves 6
- Hand-on time 15 min
This refreshingly zingy miso ginger coleslaw is delicious as part of a barbecue in summer, or with roast ham or leftover turkey in winter.
Alternatively, add a splash of colour to your spread with this cumin-spiced red cabbage and beetroot slaw.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.9g fat (1.5g saturated)
- 4.9g protein
- 10.8g carbs (9.9g sugars)
- 5.6g fibre
- 1g salt
- 3 tbsp white miso paste
- 4-5cm piece fresh ginger
- 150g natural yogurt
- 100g good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 small white cabbage (about 800g), shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp each of black and white sesame seeds
- Put the miso paste in a large mixing bowl. Grate over the ginger and season. Stir in the yogurt and mayonnaise until combined. Toss with the cabbage, red onion, most of the spring onion and one handful of the coriander.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, then sprinkle over the remaining spring onion and coriander, and the sesame seeds to serve.
This will keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days. Give it a good mix before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This five-spice coleslaw is a quick and easy vegetarian side-dish perfect for any summer party.
Curried celeriac, red cabbage, pear and walnut coleslaw
”Crunchy, soft, sweet and subtly spiced, this coleslaw recipe delivers layers of texture and flavour....