Mushroom and spinach pappardelle with crispy sage
- October 2012
- Serves 2
- 20 minutes
This simple spinach and mushroom pasta recipe with crispy sage leaves, is a delicious vegetarian main course for two people.
If your date doesn’t do mushrooms, or you fancy a lighter veggie pasta dish for two, how about this elegant linguine recipe with saffron, roasted garlic, herb butter and hazelnuts?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27g (7.4g saturated)
- 75g (5g sugars)
- 200g pappardelle
- 300g spinach
- A bunch of fresh sage leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 30g parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Heat a frying pan and wilt the spinach. Remove and set aside.
- Lightly coat the pan with olive oil, then fry the sage leaves until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper, leaving 2 tbsp oil in the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until golden, then add the garlic and parmesan.
- When the cheese has melted and the mushrooms are sticky, toss with the pasta, spinach, sage and the lemon juice. Grate over some parmesan, then drizzle with olive oil. Serve.
Rate & review