Mushroom and spinach pappardelle with crispy sage
- October 2012
- Serves 2
- 20 minutes
This simple spinach and mushroom pasta recipe with crispy sage leaves, is a delicious vegetarian main course for two people.
If your date doesn’t do mushrooms, or you fancy a lighter veggie pasta dish for two, how about this elegant linguine recipe with saffron, roasted garlic, herb butter and hazelnuts?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27g (7.4g saturated)
- 75g (5g sugars)
- 200g pappardelle
- 300g spinach
- A bunch of fresh sage leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 30g parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Heat a frying pan and wilt the spinach. Remove and set aside.
- Lightly coat the pan with olive oil, then fry the sage leaves until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper, leaving 2 tbsp oil in the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until golden, then add the garlic and parmesan.
- When the cheese has melted and the mushrooms are sticky, toss with the pasta, spinach, sage and the lemon juice. Grate over some parmesan, then drizzle with olive oil. Serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Goat's cheese recipes
Pappardelle with goat’s cheese, chestnuts, sage and pancetta
Pasta makes the perfect shortcut supper and this pappardelle and goat’s cheese recipe, made with...
Midweek meal recipes
Pappardelle with purple sprouting broccoli, Dolcelatte and walnuts
Pappardelle makes a fantastic pasta dish which can be varied using seasonal ingredients; we’ve added...
Vegan dinner recipes
Smoky orange, roasted tomato and olive pappardelle
This vibrant, zesty pasta dish is a little unusual in its flavour combination. But as...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...