Orange double chocolate cheesecakes
- September 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 min to make, plus 11/2-2 hours’ chilling
This easy recipe for these individual no-bake chocolate orange cheesecakes has magical properties – make the cakes, pop them in a tin and watch them disappear!
- 25g butter
- 40g orange-flavoured plain chocolate
- 125g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g good white chocolate
- 250g tub mascarpone
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange, plus 1 tsp orange juice
- 142ml carton double cream
- 3 tbsp good strawberry jam, warmed and sieved
- 100g summer fruits (cherries, strawberries, redcurrants, raspberries or peaches)
- Line a 6-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Put the butter and plain chocolate into a pan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and press down lightly with the back of a teaspoon to make even layers. Chill.
- Break the white chocolate into a heatproof bowl and rest over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until melted. Cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the mascarpone with the orange zest, until softened. In another bowl, whip the cream into soft peaks. Mix the white chocolate into the mascarpone, then gently fold in the cream. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and chill for 11/2-2 hours or until just firm.
- To serve, carefully peel the muffin cases away from the cheesecakes and transfer to a plate. Mix the orange juice into the jam. Decorate the cheesecakes with the summer fruits and drizzle with a little of the warmed jam glaze.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chocolate orange rice pudding
Try this sweet chocolate orange rice pudding recipe made with orange chocolate and double cream....