- August 2012
- Serves 15
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 1½ hours to cook
- 0.7g (0.2g saturated)
- 3.1g (2.9g sugars)
- 750g ripe vine-ripened or plum tomatoes
- A little olive oil for greasing
- 1½ tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/fan220°C/gas 9. Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways through the stalk end and place cut-side up in a lightly oiled shallow roasting tin. Sprinkle over the sea salt and grind over some black pepper. Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2 and roast for 1¼-1½ hours more, depending on their size, until they have shrunk by about half but are still slightly juicy in the centre.
- Remove and leave to cool. You can store the oven-dried tomatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Oven-dried tomato and taleggio tart with pesto
This taleggio tart recipe showcases the intense flavour of the British tomato. Serve it with...