Pea and mint soup
- July 2010
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
If your lunch routine has got into a bit of a rut, add some variety and a dash of colour with this cool, refreshing summer soup recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g petit pois
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- A handful of mint leaves
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in a pan with the oil for 5-10 minutes, covered, until soft but not coloured.
- Stir in petit pois and chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly, add a handful of mint leaves and whizz with a hand blender to a smooth purée.
- Serve chilled, with ice cubes and extra mint leaves (it’s great warm, too).
Freeze any leftovers for up to 3 months.
Rate & review