Pesto and lemon risotto with grilled mushrooms
- April 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 35 minutes
Hey pesto! Serve magical mushrooms with this light risotto recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 15.9g (6.2g saturated)
- 59.3g (3.3g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g arborio risotto rice
- Good splash of white wine
- 850ml fresh vegetable stock, hot
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 4 tbsp green or red pesto
- 40g vegetarian Parmesan, grated, plus extra shavings to serve
- 8 large field or flat chestnut mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir for 1 minute, then pour in the wine and bubble until evaporated. Add half the stock and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, until most of the stock has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining stock and repeat, cooking for a further 10-12 minutes, until the rice is cooked but still has a slight bite to it.
- Stir in the lemon zest and half the pesto and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the grated Parmesan and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Place the mushrooms in a grill pan, dot with the remaining pesto and season. Grill for 5 minutes until tender.
- Divide the mushrooms and risotto between 4 shallow bowls. Serve with Parmesan shavings and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Risotto, ham hock and taleggio croquettes
These fabulous croquettes are great for using up leftover risotto – or even easier, use...