Polenta, olive and sesame cubes with caramelised peppers
- January 2005
- Makes 20
- 20 min to make, plus cooling
These polenta, olive and sesame cubes make great little snacks or canapés. If you’re entertaining, you can prepare them well ahead of time.
- 4.4g (1.1g saturated)
- 8g ( 1.4g sugar)
- 110g pitted black olives in herbs
- 110g pitted green olives stuffed with red pepper
- 20g fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 60g Parmesan, grated (or vegetarian alternative)
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 175g quick-cook polenta
- 50g sesame seeds
- 1/2 x 310g jar caramelised peppers (try The Bay Tree from Waitrose)
- Grease a 27.5 x 17.5cm tin with a little olive oil.Place the olives and parsley into a food processor and blitz until roughly chopped but not smooth. Spoon into a bowl, mix in the Parmesan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the stock to the boil, whisk in the polenta and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes until thick and less grainy. Remove from the heat, stir in the olive mixture and tip into the prepared tin. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool and set.
- Turn the polenta slab out onto a board. Cut into 20 equal-sized pieces. Put the sesame seeds into a bowl and use to coat the polenta cubes all over. Place on a foil-lined baking tray and grill for 5 minutes, turning once until lightly golden. Serve warm or cold with caramelised peppers.
You can prepare these well ahead of time. Cover and keep in the fridge, then grill them just before serving.
Rate & review