Prawn egg-fried rice
- October 2012
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, cooking time 20 mins
This easy egg-fried rice recipe with prawns is far tastier than a take-away and costs a fraction of the price.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 14.7g (2.8g saturated)
- 44.4g (2.5g sugars)
- 200g basmati rice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g frozen raw prawns, defrosted
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 200g frozen peas, defrosted
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a wok. When hot, add the prawns, then toss for 1 minute until just pink all over. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to the wok, add the onion, then fry for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and chilli flakes, then cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the eggs to the wok. Let them start to set, then stir a little to break them up. Add the rice to the pan and quickly toss together. Finish with the peas and cooked prawns, then serve immediately with the lemon wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review