Quick prawn curry noodles
- January 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Our super speedy recipe for prawn curry noodles is full of flavour and super easy to make – perfect for a midweek meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 10.8g(5.3g saturated)
- 60.7g(18.4g sugars)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or sunflower oil
- 2 large carrots, cut into long, thin batons
- ½ savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 50g red Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, plus extra to taste
- 240g dried egg noodles (we like Blue Dragon)
- 200g sustainable raw prawns, peeled
To serve (optional)
- Large bunch fresh coriander
- Lime wedges
- Heat 1 tbsp of the coconut oil in a large wok or frying pan over a high heat. Fry the carrots for 5 minutes until golden, tossing occasionally. Add the shredded cabbage and a big splash of boiling water, then cook for another 3-5 minutes until tender. Spoon into a bowl.
- Turn down the heat to low, add the rest of the coconut oil and fry the onion and ginger for 5-7 minutes until soft. Add a splash of coconut milk and the curry paste, then increase the heat to high. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring, add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce and veg from the bowl, then cook for a couple of minutes. Taste and season.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles in boiling water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and rinse thoroughly under warm running water, then set aside. Add the noodles and prawns to the curry and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander, with lime wedges on the side, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pan-fried mackerel with warm beetroot, tomato and lime salsa
Seasonal, healthy and quick – what more could you ask for in a supper?