Quick salmon with watercress sauce
- September 2008
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 10 mins
All you need is 10 minutes to bring this fresh and simple salmon recipe to your table. Replace with chicken breasts for those who don’t want to skimp on the meat.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets with skin
- 80g watercress
- 150ml low-fat crème fraîche
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Extra watercress to serve
- Extra lemon to cut into wedges
- Cooked basmati and wild rice, to serve
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a wide frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the salmon fillets with skin, seasoned, skin-side down and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- Meanwhile, snip off watercress and blend with the low-fat crème fraîche and a squeeze of lemon juice in a food processor, until smooth. Season to taste and add a splash of cold water to thin to a sauce consistency.
- Divide the salmon between the plates and garnish with the remaining watercress and serve with the watercress sauce to spoon onto the salmon. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges to squeeze over and serve with cooked basmati and wild rice.
Rate & review