Roasted onion and balsamic root vegetables with puy lentils
- March 2013
- Serves 6
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 40 minutes to cook
This delicious and simple lentil and roasted vegetable dish makes a healthy and satisfying vegetarian evening meal, especially when drizzled with some balsamic vinegar. Make extra for lunch the next day!
Puy lentils are a powerhouse of protein and fibre; find more inspiration with this vegetarian ingredient and try these sticky balsamic sausages with puy lentils.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 15.8g (4.9g saturated)
- 47.3g (18.7g sugars)
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 parsnips, cut into 4 lengthways
- 3 carrots, cut into 4 lengthways
- 3 beetroot, cut into wedges
- A few fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200g puy lentils
- 500ml vegetable stock
- ½ x 200g pack feta, crumbled
- 25g fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the onions and root veg in a large roasting tin with the thyme, then drizzle with most of the oil. Season well and roast for 30 minutes. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and a little more oil, then roast for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils in the vegetable stock for 20-25 minutes until tender, then drain well.
- Add the lentils to the roasted veg, mix to combine, then tumble onto a serving platter. Scatter with the feta and parsley, then serve.
Any leftovers would be great in a lunch box the next day.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pomegranate molasses chicken with roasted vegetables
Donal Skehan’s Sunday roast with a difference – a glistening pomegranate roast chicken recipe with roasted...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...