Salami-wrapped griddled fennel
- December 2014
- 1 large fennel bulb
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls)
- About 70g salami, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Slice the fennel bulb into 3cm chunks. Squeeze over lemon juice and toss with oil, then season. Griddle the fennel, turning occasionally, until soft and starting to blacken.
- Tip the fennel into a bowl to cool slightly. Take a piece of fennel and a piece of mozzarella ball and wrap in a slice of salami. Keep wrapping until all the salami is used up.
- Griddle the wraps until crisp, put on a plate to cool slightly, then serve with cocktail sticks and a sprinkling of sea salt and basil leaves.
Griddle the fennel up to a day ahead and chill, covered. Bring to room temperature before wrapping.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Salami and sun-dried tomato pretzel rolls
If you like sausage rolls, you’re going to love these spicy ‘nduja and salami pretzel...