Salami-wrapped griddled fennel
- December 2014
- 1 large fennel bulb
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls)
- About 70g salami, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Slice the fennel bulb into 3cm chunks. Squeeze over lemon juice and toss with oil, then season. Griddle the fennel, turning occasionally, until soft and starting to blacken.
- Tip the fennel into a bowl to cool slightly. Take a piece of fennel and a piece of mozzarella ball and wrap in a slice of salami. Keep wrapping until all the salami is used up.
- Griddle the wraps until crisp, put on a plate to cool slightly, then serve with cocktail sticks and a sprinkling of sea salt and basil leaves.
Griddle the fennel up to a day ahead and chill, covered. Bring to room temperature before wrapping.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Salami and sun-dried tomato pretzel rolls
If you like sausage rolls, you’re going to love these spicy ‘nduja and salami pretzel...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...