Steak and pepper fajitas
- July 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20 min
Keep washing up to a minimum with these easy steak and pepper fajitas. They’re tasty, quick and don’t require many ingredients. Just make sure you have plenty of guacamole and soured cream, to serve!
Prefer chicken instead? We’ve got a recipe to suit you.
- 19.6g (7.2g saturated)
- 56.2g (9.6g sugars)
- 500g British beef stir-fry strips
- 3 mixed peppers, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped into 1cm wedges
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 8 corn tortillas
- 75g grated cheddar
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Ready-made salsa, guacamole and soured cream to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Put the beef, peppers, onion, oil and fajita seasoning in a large bowl and toss everything until evenly coated in the spices and oil.
- Lay 4 large strips of foil on a work surface, then divide the meat and peppers evenly among them. Fold up and tightly seal each strip to make 4 parcels. Put on a baking tray, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Divide the tortillas into 2 stacks, then wrap each stack in a piece of foil. Warm in the oven for the final 4 minutes of the fajita cooking time. Transfer the tortilla and fajita parcels to a board and assemble, sprinkling with the grated cheese and fresh coriander. Serve with salsa, guacamole and soured
cream on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beef fajitas with avocado and sweetcorn salsa
Forget Friday night takeaways – this beef fajitas recipe takes just 30 minutes to make...
Chilli steak fajitas
These steak fajitas are simple to prepare at home, and healthier than the take-away or...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...