Tagliatelle with lamb meatballs and artichokes
- February 2024
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min
This easy tagliatelle with lamb meatballs is made extra tender with an olive and garlic paste – the oils in the olives not only provide flavour, but make the meatballs melt-in-the-mouth. We think this is a perfect Valentine’s Day recipe as it serves two and can be prepared in half an hour, giving you more time to spend with the one you love.
Tinned artichokes are often overlooked in favour of those jarred in oil, but they require no prep, are cheaper and the brine can be used in sauces like this one. Make tinned artichokes your new midweek treat!
Find more Valentine’s Day recipes here.
- 35g (18g saturated)
- 40g (5.3g sugars)
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- 10 pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 250g lamb mince
- 25g breadcrumbs, fresh or dried
- 1 medium free-range egg
- Splash olive oil
- 400g tin artichokes, halved and liquid reserved
- 150g single cream
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 100g dried tagliatelle
- ¼ bunch parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- Finely grated parmesan to serve
- Roughly chop the garlic and add to a pestle and mortar with a pinch of flaky sea salt. Grind to a paste, then add the olives and grind those to a paste. In a mixing bowl, combine the paste with the lamb mince, breadcrumbs, egg and plenty of salt and pepper. Roll into 10 equal balls.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large shallow pan with a lid over a high heat, add the meatballs and brown all over. Tip in the artichokes, along with the liquid from the tin, then the cream and oregano. Turn the heat down to a medium simmer and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes, then with the lid off for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and add to the meatballs, then stir in the chopped parsley and some parmesan, reserving a little of each to garnish. Serve with freshly ground black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter