Vanilla, fennel and honey ‘Mini Milks’
- July 2014
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 25 min, plus 6 hours freezing
Homemade ‘Mini Milks’ just got sophisticated in this retro dessert recipe for a classic childhood ice lolly.
- 32.4g (20.1g saturated)
- 13.1g (13.1g sugars)
- 1½ tbsp fennel seeds
- 450ml double cream
- 170g condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Greek honey or clear honey
- Heat a small pan over a medium heat, then add the fennel seeds and toss until toasted and fragrant. Grind in a pestle and mortar.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream and condensed milk with an electric hand mixer to stiff peaks. Gently fold in the vanilla, honey and ground fennel seeds. Spoon the mixture into a disposable piping bag, snip a large hole in the bottom, then pipe evenly into 8 x 80ml cylindrical lolly moulds (see Know-how). Tap the moulds on the work surface to get rid of any air pockets, then smooth the tops and cover with foil. Use the tip of a sharp knife to make small slits in the centre of each foil lid, then push in a lolly stick. Freeze for 6 hours or until solid.
- To serve, remove the foil and dip the moulds into hot water for a few seconds (run a small knife round the inside of each mould if necessary).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frozen dessert recipes
‘Feast’ truffle bombes with chocolate hazelnut sauce
Recreate the classic Feast ice cream with these amazing chocolate ice cream truffle bombes, served...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...