Vanilla, fennel and honey ‘Mini Milks’
- July 2014
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 25 min, plus 6 hours freezing
Homemade ‘Mini Milks’ just got sophisticated in this retro dessert recipe for a classic childhood ice lolly.
- 32.4g (20.1g saturated)
- 13.1g (13.1g sugars)
- 1½ tbsp fennel seeds
- 450ml double cream
- 170g condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Greek honey or clear honey
- Heat a small pan over a medium heat, then add the fennel seeds and toss until toasted and fragrant. Grind in a pestle and mortar.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream and condensed milk with an electric hand mixer to stiff peaks. Gently fold in the vanilla, honey and ground fennel seeds. Spoon the mixture into a disposable piping bag, snip a large hole in the bottom, then pipe evenly into 8 x 80ml cylindrical lolly moulds (see Know-how). Tap the moulds on the work surface to get rid of any air pockets, then smooth the tops and cover with foil. Use the tip of a sharp knife to make small slits in the centre of each foil lid, then push in a lolly stick. Freeze for 6 hours or until solid.
- To serve, remove the foil and dip the moulds into hot water for a few seconds (run a small knife round the inside of each mould if necessary).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frozen dessert recipes
‘Feast’ truffle bombes with chocolate hazelnut sauce
Recreate the classic Feast ice cream with these amazing chocolate ice cream truffle bombes, served...