Vietnamese prawn and papaya salad
- August 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A quick, simple and fresh prawn salad recipe made with quinoa, papaya and roasted peanuts in a zingy chilli and lime dressing.
- 21g (2.6g saturated)
- 43.5g (9.2g sugars)
- 2 x 250g packs ready-cooked red and white quinoa
- 400g sustainable cooked, peeled king prawns
- 300g beansprouts
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeds scooped out, sliced
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch fresh mint, leaves pickedand chopped
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 50g roasted salted peanuts, lightly crushed in a pestle and mortar
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the quinoa, prawns, beansprouts, papaya, coriander and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, lime zest and juice, chilli and some salt and pepper. Toss with the salad, then scatter over the peanuts and serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
Next time: Try swapping the prawns for cooked chicken, pork or beef. If you can get hold of unripe green papaya, use it in this salad instead of ripe orange papaya, peeled and cut into strips.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...