Warm salad of roast squash, kale and goat’s cheese with lentils
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 40 min
Make this warm squash salad recipe and serve it on a platter for everyone to share on a wintry day – it’s a great one to showcase seasonal ingredients during the Christmas break.
Or take a look at our Christmas salad recipes, for lots more ideas.
- 28g (9.3g saturated)
- 44.5g (12.5g sugars)
- 1kg butternut squash, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 200g puy lentils
- 150g kale, chopped
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Large handful fresh parsley
- Large handful fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 big pinches salt
- 2 big pinches caster sugar
- 150g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Toss the squash in a large roasting tin with a 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, then scatter with sea salt. Roast for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils according to the pack instructions, adding the kale for the final 5 minutes. Drain, season, then toss in a little olive oil.
- Roughly chop the parsley and chives, then mix with the garlic, red wine vinegar, the remaining extra-virgin olive oil and the pinches of salt and sugar.
- Put the squash in a bowl with the kale and lentils, then toss with the dressing. Gently stir in the goat’s cheese. Taste, season and serve warm.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...