Warm salad of roast squash, kale and goat’s cheese with lentils
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 40 min
Make this warm squash salad recipe and serve it on a platter for everyone to share on a wintry day – it’s a great one to showcase seasonal ingredients during the Christmas break.
Or take a look at our Christmas salad recipes, for lots more ideas.
- 28g (9.3g saturated)
- 44.5g (12.5g sugars)
- 1kg butternut squash, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 200g puy lentils
- 150g kale, chopped
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Large handful fresh parsley
- Large handful fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 big pinches salt
- 2 big pinches caster sugar
- 150g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Toss the squash in a large roasting tin with a 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, then scatter with sea salt. Roast for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils according to the pack instructions, adding the kale for the final 5 minutes. Drain, season, then toss in a little olive oil.
- Roughly chop the parsley and chives, then mix with the garlic, red wine vinegar, the remaining extra-virgin olive oil and the pinches of salt and sugar.
- Put the squash in a bowl with the kale and lentils, then toss with the dressing. Gently stir in the goat’s cheese. Taste, season and serve warm.
Rate & review