Yogurt soup with chillies, coriander and black mustard seeds
- February 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
An Indian-style soup recipe made with mild spices and coconut milk.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 200ml low-fat bio yogurt
- 2½ tbsp chickpea or gram flour
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium-hot green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 dried curry leaf (optional)
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Mix the yogurt and flour together until smooth, then gradually stir in the vegetable stock.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium saucepan. Add the mustard seeds and cover with a lid. When they begin to pop, uncover and add the ginger, garlic and chillies. Fry for a few seconds, then pour in the yogurt mixture. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Add the coconut milk, curry leaf and some salt to taste and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the coriander and serve with warm naan bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilled cucumber and yogurt soup
This delicately flavoured soup recipe is a refreshing start to any Moroccan-inspired menu or perfect...