- 250g Nutella chocolate spread
- 100ml double cream
- 40g of toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 6 brioche finger rolls
- 1 large free-range egg
- 100ml full-fat milk
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- A knob of unsalted butter
- Caster sugar for dusting
- Spoon 250g Nutella chocolate spread into a heatproof bowl along with 100ml double cream. Suspend over a small pan of barely simmering water and slowly warm through, stirring occasionally. Fold through a handful (40g) of toasted chopped hazelnuts. Spoon into a serving bowl, top with a few more hazelnuts and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, slice 6 brioche finger rolls in half lengthways. In a bowl, mix 1 large free-range egg with 100ml full-fat milk and ½ tsp vanilla bean paste. Dip each piece of brioche in the egg mixture, soaking well. Melt a knob of unsalted butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the soaked brioche fingers for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Quickly transfer to a plate dusted thickly with caster sugar. Roll to coat in the sugar and serve while still warm with the chocolate sauce for dipping.