Baked feta and green veg potato salad
- May 2021
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 15 min
This easy feta potato salad recipe partners roasted new potatoes with feta and olives from the Med, plus spring veg, to create a warm salad. It’s perfect for sharing with friends in the garden with a chilled glass of white wine.
- 21g (7.6g saturated)
- 23g (3.5g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g baby courgettes, halved lengthways
- 110g baby leeks, sliced
- 250g block feta (check it’s veggie if you need it to be)
- ¼ tsp pul biber (aleppo pepper flakes) or a pinch regular chilli flakes
- Handful thyme sprigs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 750g baby new potatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 150g young broad beans (or use frozen peas)
- Large handful each parsley and mint leaves, chopped
- 150g pitted kalamata olives, halved
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/ gas 6. Put the courgettes, leeks, block of feta, pepper flakes and thyme in a roasting tin, drizzle with half the oil, then scatter with the lemon zest.
- In another roasting tin, toss the potatoes and garlic with the rest of the oil and some salt and pepper.
- Put both trays in the oven. After 20 minutes remove both trays. Toss the potatoes and return to the oven for another 20 minutes. Stir the broad beans/peas into the veg and feta tray, return it to the oven for 10 minutes more to cook through, then set it aside until the potatoes are done.
- Once the potatoes are golden and crisp, toss them in the tin with the feta (it will soften and turn crumbly as it cooks) and veg to mix everything well. Serve scattered with the fresh herbs, olives and lemon juice (to taste).
Don’t waste it: Chill any leftovers in a container with a lid or a covered bowl for 3-4 days. Serve for lunch on griddled sourdough bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter