Caramelised broccoli and shallot tart with feta
- March 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 40 min
This vegetarian tart is filled with the joys of spring. Sticky caramelised purple sprouting broccoli next to sweet shallots and crumbly feta, it’s a quick and easy recipe for any night of the week.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 29.3g (9.7g saturated)
- 45.7g (8.8g sugars)
- 300g peeled banana shallots, quartered
- A glug of olive oil
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 320g shortcrust pastry sheet (square or round)
- 60g feta
- Milk for the pastry
- Salad leaves to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 and put a baking sheet inside. Heat the glug of olive oil in a large frying pan, add the broccoli and the shallots, then fry gently. Increase the heat and add the balsamic vinegar. Bubble, stirring occasionally, until sticky. Tip into a roasting tray with the rosemary, then roast for 20 minutes until the veg is soft and crisp.
- Meanwhile, unroll a 320g shortcrust pastry sheet leaving it on its paper. When the veg is cooked, pile it into the centre of the pastry, leaving a 3cm border. Crumble over the feta. Fold the excess pastry around the filling to form a rough tart. Brush the pastry edges with milk, slide the tart, still on its paper, onto the hot baking sheet, then bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and crumbly. Serve with salad leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetable, rice and feta tart
This vegetable, rice and feta tart makes the perfect picnic recipe, come rain or shine.