Caramelised onion pastry pizzas
- September 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 15-20 minutes to cook
This clever pizza recipe use shortcrust pastry as a quick and easy base. Roll any leftover pastry into a ball and pop into the freezer for up to 3 months
- 2 x 320g packs ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 4 tbsp caramelised onions (from a jar)
- A few fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 50g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Handful of watercress to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Lay out the pastry sheets on a work surface and cut out an 18cm circle (see tip, below) from each one.
- Transfer to a large lined baking sheet and spread the caramelised onions evenly over each circle. Scatter with the thyme, then transfer to the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is slightly puffed, golden and cooked. Remove, then divide the Parma ham, goat’s cheese and watercress between the two pizzas. Grind over plenty of black pepper, then serve.
Rate & review