Courgette and blue cheese pizza
- August 2019
- Makes 3 pizzas
- Hands-on time 15-20 min, oven time 18-24 min, plus infusing
This take on pizza bianco omits the tomato sauce completely and combines blue cheese, buffalo mozzarella and courgette ribbons for a gorgeously green, cheesy topping.
Check out our courgette and ricotta pizza too for another way to use up this seasonal ingredient.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 39.7g (19.4g saturated)
- 79.9g (1.8g sugars)
- 1 medium courgette, trimmed
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon olive oil (see tip), plus extra to serve
- 3 x pizza dough bases (see basic pizza dough recipe)
- Large handful fresh mint leaves
- 150g roquefort (or vegetarian alternative), crumbled
- 150g buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp shelled pumpkin seeds
- Peel the courgette into long ribbons using a Y-shaped peeler or slice finely lengthways. Put in a bowl with the lemon zest and lemon oil, then season with salt and black pepper. Set aside to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to its highest setting with either a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet inside to heat up.
- Transfer one flattened pizza dough round, still on its baking paper, to a baking sheet, then top with a third of the toppings: courgette ribbons, mint, blue cheese, mozzarella and pumpkin seeds. Using the baking paper, slide the pizza onto the hot stone/baking sheet. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the dough is puffed at the edges and golden. Remove the cooked pizza, leaving the stone/ sheet to heat up for the next pizza.
- Transfer to a plate or board, then drizzle with extra lemon oil and slice to serve. Repeat with the remaining 2 dough bases and toppings.
Lemon-flavoured olive oil adds an extra intensity to the finished pizza and is available from larger supermarkets. If you can’t find it, infuse some extra-virgin olive oil with lemon zest several hours ahead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...