Pear and chicory salad with walnuts and blue cheese
- October 2008
- 2 heads each red and white chicory
- 1½ tbsp raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 free-range egg yolk, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe pears, such as forelle, comice or concorde, halved, cored and sliced
- 200g Roquefort
- 100g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Trim the bottom of each head of chicory, and slice in half lengthways. Cut out the cores, separate the leaves, and divide between 4 serving plates.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and egg yolk. Season well. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Toss the pears with some of the vinaigrette and place on the chicory, leaves. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette. Crumble the Roquefort onto the salad and scatter over the walnuts to serve.
Note: this recipe contains raw egg. For a vegetarian version, substitute the Roquefort for a vegetarian blue cheese such as Beenleigh Blue or vegetarian stilton.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Goat's cheese recipes
Jerusalem artichoke, pear, brazil nut and goat’s cheese salad
Nutty roast jerusalem artichokes go beautifully with the sweetness of the pears and tangy goat’s...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...