Chocolate and Baileys caramel bundt cake
- Serves 10
- Hands-on time 15 minutes, cook time 1 hour, plus cooling
Perfect for sharing over coffee – this bundt cake is a decadent mix of chocolate and Baileys with a sweet and salty kick.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, for greasing
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml sour cream
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 400g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
For the Baileys and cream sauce
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 250ml double cream
- 350g soft light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- Heat oven to 170ºC/fan150ºC/gas 3. Using the 2 tbsp of butter, grease a 2.4 litre bundt tin so it’s completely coated.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl set over a simmering pot of water, making sure the bottom doesn’t touch the water. Alternatively you microwave it for 30 secs at a time until melted. Remove from the heat and add in the cocoa, vanilla, sour cream and 75ml hot water and whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- In a standing electric mixer beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one a time, then beat for 3 mins until thick and full. Stir in the chocolate sour cream mixture, then add the flour mixture. Mix again and then scrape into the bundt tin. Bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 15 mins. Place a wire cooling rack over the top and flip over. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the Baileys salted caramel sauce, put all the ingredients into a large frying pan and heat until bubbling, about 5 mins.
- Serve the cake with the caramel sauce poured over the top.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...