- 1 garlic bulb
- A little olive oil, to drizzle
- 50g butter
- 20g finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 corn cobs
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Cut off and discard the very top of the garlic bulb. Drizzle over a little olive oil, then wrap in foil and bake for 30-35 minutes until soft. Allow to cool, then squeeze the soft garlic flesh from each clove into a bowl.
- Mix the butter, parmesan (or alternative) and the fresh coriander with the garlic. Lay a small sheet of cling film on a work surface. Spoon the garlic butter down the centre, then roll the butter in the cling film to form a sausage shape. Twist the ends to seal, then leave to firm up in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Drizzle the corn cobs with olive oil, then griddle for 15-20 minutes until the corn starts to blacken, turning so the cobs cook on all sides (you can cook the corn the same way on a barbecue). Unwrap the chilled garlic and herb butter and slice. Season the cob, then top with rounds of the butter and allow it to melt over the corn.