Creamy celeriac mash
- December 2010
- Serves 6-8
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This luscious celeriac mash makes a pleasant alternative to the usual mashed potato side dish.
- 7.9g (4.5g saturated)
- 6.8g (5.7g sugars)
For 8 servings
- 2 celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 600ml whole milk
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Splash of double cream
- Knob of butter
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Place the celeriac and garlic in a pan with just enough milk to cover, and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, put a lid on the pan, then simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Drain any remaining milk and reserve.
- Using a stick blender, whizz the celeriac to make a purée, pouring in just enough of the reserved milk to give a smooth consistency. Add the spices, cream and butter, then whizz again. Stir through the parsley, season to taste and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cod with garlic sweet potato mash and lemon spinach
A quick and healthy fish recipe made with just six ingredients and ready in 25...
Adraki lamb chops with spiced potato mash
This Adraki lamb chops with spiced potato mash recipe is a southern Indian inspired dish.