Easy steak, chips and salad with cheat’s béarnaise dressing
- May 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20-25 min
Steak, chips and salad with the easiest béarnaise sauce you will ever make. Plus, it only takes 25 minutes to make.
For your next steak night: we’ve gone dozens more juicy steak recipes to try.
- 17.9g (5.9g saturated)
- 29.7g (2.8g sugars)
- 750g new potatoes, cut into quarters (chip size)
- Olive oil
- 2 British sirloin steaks, about 250g each
- 200g mixed rocket and watercress salad leaves
For the béarnaise dressing
- 30ml full-fat créme fraîche
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the potatoes in a large baking tray, toss them in 1 tbsp olive oil, season well with salt and pepper, then roast for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Lightly oil the steaks and season well all over. Griddle for 2½ minutes on each side for medium-rare, or 3 minutes on each side for medium. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. To serve, toss the leaves and the potatoes with the dressing, then slice the steaks and lay them on top.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Moroccan-spiced lamb steaks
This Moroccan inspired recipe offers a healthy alternative to steak and chips – a simple...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...