Egg mayonnaise with cress and ham
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, cook time 7 min
Fill sandwiches or crusty rolls with this simple egg mayonnaise recipe made with fresh cress and served with smoked ham.
- 18.2g (3.4g saturated)
- 28.7g (1.9g sugars)
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Bunch of snipped mustard cress
- Butter, for spreading
- 4 crusty rolls
- 4 slices good-quality smoked ham
- Put the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 7 minutes. Refresh in cold water.
- Once cold, peel the eggs and roughly mash with a fork in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, cress and season with salt and pepper.
- Butter the rolls, fill each with a slice of ham and top with a large spoonful of the egg mayonnaise.
Rate & review