Grilled cherry tomato sauce with pan-fried chicken breast and spinach
- June 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Pan-fried chicken breasts served with a fresh tomato sauce and spinach – a good-for-you midweek meal that is ready in 30 minutes.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 20.1g (3.4g saturated)
- 42.6g protein
- 9.8g (9.3g sugars)
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 50g pitted black olives, quartered
- 30g capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken breasts
- 500g spinach
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat the grill to high. Put the tomatoes in a large roasting tin, drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, then grill for about 20 minutes until the skins have blistered and blackened on top and they have started to release their juices. Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and add the balsamic vinegar and garlic. Whizz the mixture with a stick blender, then stir in the basil, olives and capers. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken all over. Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the breasts, skin-side down, for 5-6 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden. Turn and fry for 6-7 more minutes until cooked through.
- Put the spinach in a colander in the sink and pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt, then squeeze out any excess water. Serve the chicken with the sauce, spinach and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Cook double the sauce ingredients, cool half, then freeze in a sealed container. Defrost overnight in the fridge, then reheat in a pan until heated through. Stir into spaghetti or serve with fish.
Rate & review