Houmous bowl with chorizo and crispy kale
- September 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 45 min
You could easily double the quantities for this houmous bowl with chorizo and crispy kale to feed a crowd. Serve with warm flatbreads for dipping.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 24g (3.9g saturated)
- 13g (3.2g sugars)
- 150g diced butternut squash
- Olive oil
- 60g diced chorizo
- 210g tin drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- A handful of prepared chopped kale
- 200g pot of houmous
- Flatbreads, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the butternut squash in a roasting tin, toss with a drizzle of olive oil and season. Roast for 30 minutes until soft and starting to caramelise.
- Cook the chorizo in a pan over a low heat for 7-8 minutes until it releases its oil; transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon, reserving the oil. Once the squash is soft, add a the chickpeas to the roasting tin and toss. Sprinkle over the ground coriander, toss again, then roast for 15 minutes until the chickpeas are starting to crisp and the squash has caramelised.
- Put the kale on a second baking tray, add another drizzle of olive oil and roast for 10 minutes or until crisp. Spoon the houmous into a shallow bowl. Top with the kale, squash and chickpeas and chorizo, then drizzle over the reserved chorizo oil. Serve with warm flatbreads.
We used Crosta & Mollica Piada flatbreads, available from Sainsbury’s and Ocado.
Rate & review