Peach and passion fruit crumble traybake
- August 2021
- Serves 12
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus cooling
Our easy peach and passion fruit crumble traybake can be served warm with custard or ice cream for pudding, or cold as an afternoon treat.
Discover all the easy and delicious ways there are to combine fruit and toppings with our crumble recipes collection.
- 17.6g (7.7g saturated)
- 50.8g (24.1g sugars)
- 400g plain flour
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 medium free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g passion fruit curd – we used The Cherry Tree Passion Fruit Curd
- 4 peaches, stones removed, sliced into 6-8 wedges
- Custard or vanilla ice cream to serve (optional)
You’ll also need
- 20cm x 30cm oven tray or 22cm round caketin, greased and lined with compostable baking paper
- Heat the oven to 170ºC fan/gas 5. Put the flour, sugar, ground almonds and baking powder in a large mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Add the cold butter, then rub the ingredients together with your fingertips until the mixture
- Whisk together the eggs, lemon zest and vanilla, then stir into the crumble mixture until just combined. Press two thirds of the mixture into the prepared tin in an even layer. Spread the passion fruit curd over the base, then scatter over the peaches.
- Dot the remaining crumble mixture over the filling, then bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes (or longer), then cut into squares and serve warm with a drizzle of custard or scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you like.
Easy swaps: Switch the peaches for nectarines or plums, and the passion fruit curd for a tangy lemon curd.
The bake will keep in an airtight tin at room temperature for 1-2 days. Serve it warm as a pudding or cold for an afternoon treat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...