Pork loin with artichoke salad
- November 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 6 minutes to cook
The warm artichoke salad pairs perfectly with the peppercorn and fennel-flavoured pork, in this midweek meal recipe that’s ready in fewer than 30 minutes.
Love artichokes? We’ve got lots more ideas on how to use the vegetable in our artichoke recipe collection.
- 21.4g (7g saturated)
- 12.4g (1.6g sugar)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- Olive oil spray
- 4 x 150g pork loin steaks, trimmed
- Juice of ½ lemon
For the artichoke salad
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 150g marinated artichoke hearts, drained, halved
- 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 125g feta, crumbled
- Toast the fennel seeds and black peppercorns in a large, dry frying pan over a medium heat for 1 minute until fragrant. Cool, then roughly crush in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of salt.
- Spray the pork steaks with a little oil and sprinkle both sides with the fennel seed mixture. Return the frying pan to a high heat. Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate and squeeze over the lemon juice. Cover loosely in foil and leave to rest.
- For the salad, whisk the vinegar, oil and garlic together in a large bowl. Season to taste, then add the artichoke hearts, lentils and spinach. Gently toss to coat. Divide the salad among plates, top with the rested pork and any meat juices, then scatter with the feta and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork loin with pickled red onion
This quick and easy pork loin recipe pairs the flavours of lemon and dijon in...
Quick and easy pork recipes
Easy pork tenderloin with roasted feta, rosemary, sage and olive oil potatoes
Pork tenderloin is cooked nestled among crispy potatoes, feta and herbs in this easy midweek...