- September 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Soft tortillas are filled with fajita-spiced prawns, soured cream and a pretty pink pickled cabbage mix. They’re fun to make with kids and only take half an hour.
- 14.1g (6.1g saturated)
- 48g (7.2g sugars)
- ½ red cabbage, finely shredded
- Juice 3 limes
- 100g radishes, sliced
- Large handful fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 200g sustainable frozen raw prawns, defrosted
- 2 tsp fajita spice mix (Schwartz, Bart or Old El Paso)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 small soft white tortilla wraps
- 8 tbsp soured cream
- Toss the cabbage in a bowl with a large pinch of sea salt and the juice of
2 of the limes. Set aside for 10 minutes to slightly pickle. Mix in the sliced radishes and most of the coriander.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado in a small bowl with the remaining lime juice, salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Toss the prawns in a bowl with the fajita spice mix and oil, then cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- To serve, warm the tortillas in the microwave (or in a hot oven or dry frying pan), then top with the soured cream, pickled veg, mashed avocado, prawns and remaining coriander.
Next time, replace the prawns with shredded cooked chicken or pulled pork, or halloumi pieces.
Complete step 1 up to 4 hours in advance. Set aside until ready to finish the dish.
Rate & review