Ricotta and basil ravioli
- May 2007
- Basic pasta dough ingredients
- 350g ricotta
- 50g grated Parmesan, plus Parmesan shavings to garnish
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 beaten egg
- 15g chopped fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
- Make the basic pasta dough, cover and chill for 30 min. Roll out into 2 long, wide strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, Parmesan, lemon zest, egg and basil.
- Dot 6 piles of filling along one side of each pasta strip and brush around the filling with water. Fold over the pasta and press around each filling pile to seal and expel any air. Using a crinkled pastry cutter, cut into 12 ravioli.
- Boil for 4-5 min, until al dente. Drain. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter with basil and Parmesan shavings.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Spicy sausage ravioli with fennel and chilli butter
We’ve used three time-saving ingredients to make this midweek dinner for two – all in...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...