Spicy leek and white bean stew
- February 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering time 20 min
This vegetarian one-pot recipe deserves to be mopped up with plenty of fresh crusty bread.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4g (0.5g saturated)
- 30.2g (7.1g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 leek, cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock (we like Knorr)
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed,
- Juice of a lemon
- A large handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh crusty bread, to serve
- Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan. Fry the onion gently over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened. Meanwhile, add the garlic and the leeks to the pan and cook for a further minute. Stir in the harissa paste, chopped tomatoes and the vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, season, then cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the tins of cannellini beans, then simmer for a further couple of minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, then stir in the juice of a lemon and a large handful of chopped fresh parsley. Serve with plenty of fresh crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes that will make you excited for autumn
Spicy butterbean, chickpea and butternut squash stew
Enjoy this vegetarian stew recipe, made with butternut squash, butterbeans and chickpeas, as a healthy...
Creamy chicken recipes
Stuffed tarragon chicken with cannellini bean stew
This quick and easy chicken and cannellini bean stew is perfect for a midweek supper.
Healthy family meals
Quick butternut and bean stew with cauliflower ‘rice’
Serving this butternut and bean stew, with rice made from cauliflower, in a recipe that...