Crispy potatoes with wild garlic pesto mayo
- April 2022
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 10 min, plus oven time 20 min.
Meet your new favourite side dish. Top crispy potatoes with dollops of homemade wild garlic pesto mayo. Serve as part of a laid-back Sunday roast.
Serve as part of Easter lunch with some more of our make-ahead Easter sides.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 19.5g (2.3g saturated)
- 37.9g (2.2g sugars)
- 1.2kg waxy potatoes, such as charlotte, halved or quartered
- Olive oil for tossing
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
For the wild garlic pesto mayo
- 75ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g wild garlic leaves (or use spinach and 1 extra garlic clove)
- 2 tbsp freshly snipped chives
- 50g pine nuts
- 50g parmesan, grated (or vegetarian alternative)
- Heat the oven to 200°C fan/gas 7. Put the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain well, tip onto a tray lined with kitchen paper and dry well. Toss in a roasting tin with the olive oil, oregano, spices and salt. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning, until crisp.
- Put all the pesto ingredients in a small food processor and whizz until combined.
- Spoon the potatoes onto a serving plate. Swirl a few tablespoons of pesto into the mayonnaise, then dollop onto the potatoes. Serve straightaway.
The pesto will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge, covered with a slick of oil. You’ll have more than you need for this recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asparagus, crispy potatoes and radishes with herb hollandaise
Packed with seasonal produce and topped with herby hollandaise, this spring salad with asparagus is...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...