Vegetable and sweet chilli spring rolls
- December 2020
- Makes 12
- Hands-on time 30 min, cooking time 5-10 min
These super-simple sweet chilli spring rolls tick the ‘dirty vegan’ box – even avowed meat eaters will be reaching for more…
Keeping it healthy? Superfood your snack with this dukkah-topped green houmous dip.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 2.8g fat (0.3g saturated)
- 2.2g protein
- 5.6g carbs (0.9g sugars)
- 1g fibre
- 0.2g salt
- 6 frozen spring roll pastry sheets
- Splash of vegetable oil, plus extra for deep frying
- 300g bag of prepared fresh stir-fry vegetables
- 150g firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 2-3 spring onions, shredded
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Defrost the pastry sheets. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a high heat, then add a the stir-fry vegetables and tofu. Fry for 4-5 minutes until the veg have just softened and the tofu is a little golden, then remove from the heat and stir in the sweet chilli sauce until lightly coated. Cool.
- Working 1 defrosted spring roll sheet at a time, cut each pastry square in half to make 2 rectangles. Brush the pastry edges with cold water, then put a heaped tbsp of fried veg mix about 2.5cm from the long edge of the rectangle. Roll up tightly to halfway, fold in the ends, then roll the rest of the way. Brush the seams with extra water to seal, then repeat with the rest of the sheets and filling.
- Heat 2cm veg oil in a deep frying pan, then fry the spring rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden and crisp. Allow to cool slightly, then serve topped with the shredded spring onion and lime juice, with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
Fry the spring rolls, then cool, cover or wrap well and chill for 2-3 days. Bake in a hot oven until crisp and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan Christmas recipes
For vegan Christmas recipes, you're in the right...
Vegan dessert recipes
You can absolutely still enjoy your favourite desserts...
Vegan dinner recipes
Veganism has skyrocketed in popularity and it's easy...
Easy vegan recipes
Whether you’re a vegan or not, these easy...
Canapés and cocktails
Our nifty nibbles and classy cocktails will get...
Vegetarian Christmas canapé recipes
Serve up these vegetarian Christmas canapé recipes to...