White chocolate and cranberry tarts
- February 2005
- Serves 4 people
- Take 1 hour to make, plus chilling and cooling
These decadent white chocolate and cranberry tarts would make an ideal Valentine’s Day dessert. We use ready-rolled pastry here making this a hassle-free recipe.
From the starter through to the after-dinner cocktails, we’ve got your romantic night in catered for with our Valentine’s Day recipes.
- 47.9g fat (21.5g saturated)
- 14.4g protein
- 111g carbs (65.9g sugars)
- 1g salt
- 375g ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry
- A little flour for dusting
- 250g frozen cranberries
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Crème De Cassis
- 200g good-quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300g 8% fat fromage frais
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cranberry or red currant jelly
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line 4 x 10cm individual round, fluted, loose-bottomed tins (or 1 x 23cm round fluted tin). Prick the base or bases. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Put the cranberries, sugar and Cassis into a pan and heat gently on the hop until the fruit has just softened. Pour the cranberries into a sieve over a small saucepan and set aside to cool. Reserve the juice.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool. Stir in the fromage frais and vanilla and beat well. Cover and chill.
- Fill the tin or tins with baking paper and baking beans or rice, then bake for 10 minutes. Remover the paper and beans or rice and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the pastry is pale-golden and crisp. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Add the cranberry jelly to the reserved juice in the pan and heat gently for 1 minute. Stir to combine.
- About 1 hour before serving, spoon the chocolate mixture into the pastry. Arrange the cranberries on top in a heart shape, then carefully spoon some cranberry syrup over the glaze. Chill until ready to serve.
If you can’t get cranberries, use fresh raspberries and arrange in a heart shape on top, and omit the glaze.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Coconut and white chocolate bites
Coconut and rich white chocolate are a match made in heaven in this recipe for...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...