White chocolate and pistachio pannacottas
- April 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 25 minutes to make, plus 2 hours setting
This is a pannacotta recipe of real vanilla-scented white chocolate and pistachio nuts. It can also be set in a glass.
- 93.6g (55.1g saturated)
- 32.2g (32.2g sugars)
- 568ml carton double cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 ½ sheets leaf gelatine
- 150g Green & Black’s White Chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g shelled pistachio nuts
To decorate and serve
- Duchy Original Dark Chocolate Thins (from Waitrose and fine food stores)
- Crystallised rose petals (we used some from Squires Kitchen, 0845 225 5671; www.squires-shop.com).
- Put the cream and sugar in a pan over a medium heat. As soon as bubbles appear, turn the heat down to very low and cook for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate to the hot cream and stir until smooth. Lift the gelatine out of the water (no need to squeeze it) and stir into the hot mixture to dissolve. Remove from the heat.
- Grind the pistachios finely in a mini processor or coffee grinder. Add to the cream mixture and allow to infuse for 15 minutes. Pass through a sieve into a jug, then divide between 4 x 150ml dariole moulds or ramekins. Chill for 2 hours, until set.
- To turn out, dip the bases of the moulds very briefly in hot water, then invert onto serving plates. Decorate with the chocolate thins and a few crystallised rose petals (see video in tips).
The dessert is turned out but, if you prefer, you can set it in a glass to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Afternoon tea recipes
Lemon and courgette cake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting
This gorgeous lemon and courgette cake features layers of zesty sponge layered with homemade lemon...