Baked camembert bread bowl
- December 2020
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 20-25 min
This camembert bread bowl works as a hearty starter, informal tear and share lunch, or perhaps as part of a vegetarian Christmas buffet. Go on, dig in!
Or, for another easy, cheesy starter with fewer carbs but just as much melt, try this sharing pan fondue.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 8g fat (4.6g saturated)
- 11.2g protein
- 24.7g carbs (3.7g sugars)
- 2.9g fibre
- 1.2g salt
- 400-500g round rye sourdough loaf or cobb
- 1 x 250g camembert
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- Splash of dry white wine
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Trim the top from the loaf to leave a circle 1cm larger in diameter than the camembert. Cut down 2cm into the dough to make a circular hole, pulling out the bread. Spread the cranberry sauce all over the cavity, then sit the camembert inside. Score the top, pour over a splash of dry white wine and add the herb sprigs.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6 for 15-20 minutes. Uncover and return to the oven for 5 minutes until golden and oozing. Tear or slice to serve.
Save the bread trimmings to make croutons for another recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked camembert with crispy pancetta and sourdough sticks
An oozy, boozy, pancetta-covered baked camembert is the perfect dinner party starter recipe. Serve with...
Vegetarian Christmas starter recipes
Baked camembert with honey, granola and rye crackers
This isn’t your run-of-the-mill baked camembert recipe. We’ve combined an oozy baked cheese with the...
More food for thought...
Quick vegetarian recipes
These quick vegetarian recipes are all ready in...
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
For when you need something a little more...
Vegetarian starter recipes
Looking for vegetarian starters? How about a tomato...
Brie is a soft cow's-milk cheese which adds...
A gorgeously gooey baked Camembert is indeed wonderful...