Broccoli and carrot tabbouleh
- June 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 40 min
Zita Steyn’s gluten-free tabbouleh recipe is perfect for a light lunch or vegetarian side dish.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 28g (3.9g saturated)
- 28.2g (8.7g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 200-250g grated carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 small broccoli (about 300g), broken into florets and whizzed in a food processor until fine
- 300g cooked quinoa (about 150g uncooked)
- 90-100g shelled, unroasted pistachios
For the dressing
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 10g fresh chives, snipped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Heat a glug of oil in a medium pan over a gentle heat. Fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 4-5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the carrots and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for 2 minutes more or until both the carrot and broccoli are tender, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients with a pinch of salt in a small bowl, then pour over the warm vegetables and mix. Stir in the quinoa and nuts, season to taste, then serve.
The tabbouleh will keep for up to 24 hours in a container in the fridge
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tenderstem broccoli with lemon vinaigrette
Serve this easy snack recipe alongside other nibbles as a sharing platter.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...