Carrot and cumin coleslaw
- August 2006
- Serves 8
- Ready in 20 minutes
Everyone appreciates a bowl of coleslaw at a barbecue and cumin gives this quick recipe an Indian twist.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 9.6g (1.4g saturated)
- 5.8g (5.2g sugars)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, roughly grated
- ½ small white cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 6 tbsp good light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the onion, carrots and cabbage in a big bowl and toss well. Set aside.
- Toast the seeds in a dry pan over a medium heat for 1 minute, or until aromatic. Cool slightly, then add to the vegetables with the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season and mix well.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and sweet potato burgers with chilli, mint and mashed avocado
Slices of halloumi and sweet potato are marinated, grilled and placed in burger buns spread...
Gill Meller recipes
Barbecued rack of mutton with broad beans, peas and lovage
“There are few things more deeply savoury, satisfying and delicious than salty, smoky lamb cooked...