Cheat’s baked rigatoni
- May 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 20 min to cook
A bung-it-all-in-and bake-it rigatoni pasta recipe using a few nifty shop-bought ingredients to make a wonderfully quick, but tasty, midweek meal.
- 200g rigatoni pasta
- 100g fresh red pesto
- 100g mascarpone
- 360g Italian chargrilled vegetables
- 125g buffalo mozzarella, drained, sliced
- 3-4 slices parma ham, cut into strips
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium. Tip the pasta into a large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook according to the packet instructions until al dente.
- Drain well, return the pasta to the pan, add the red pesto and mascarpone and stir until the pasta is coated in the sauce. Stir in the chargrilled vegetables, then tip into a medium ovenproof dish. Scatter with the sliced mozzarella, drizzle with a little olive oil, season well and place under the grill for 5 minutes until the mozzarella is melted and golden.
- Dot the top with strips of curled Parma ham and scatter with basil leaves. Serve with a large green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter