Cheesy baked leeks with ham
- March 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 30 min
Our super-easy leek bake, made with ham and a good grating of cheese, makes a wonderful main meal served with crusty bread.
Perhaps you prefer your leeks with potatoes? If that’s the case, try this gratin recipe with garlic and thyme.
- 25g (14.7g saturated)
- 12.7g (6g sugars)
- 3 leeks (around 500g)
- 180g packet of sliced, cooked ham
- 30g butter
- 30g plain flour
- 150ml dry white wine
- 250ml milk
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus a little extra to serve
- 75g grated cheddar
- 100g brie, sliced
- Heat the oven to 200°C /180°fan/gas 6. Cut the leeks into 8cm lengths, then wrap each in a piece of ham, cutting to fit and using up all the offcuts. Arrange in the base of a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, then stir in the flour and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the wine and milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wholegrain mustard, thyme leaves and cheddar until melted, then pour over the leeks. Top with the brie, then bake for 30 minutes until bubbling. Scatter with more thyme and serve with crusty bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...