- April 2022
- Makes enough to fill and ice 1 sponge cake.
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus standing time 3 min.
Every cook should have this recipe for rich, silky chocolate ganache up their sleeve. This recipe uses a ratio of 2:1 chocolate to cream. Serve hot over ice cream and pancakes, or leave until cooled and thickened to fill and ice cakes.
Cakes, cheesecakes, hot chocolate and truffles: take a trip to choc heaven with our favourite chocolate recipes.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g good quality dark or milk chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- Grate the chocolate into a heatproof bowl.
- Gently heat the double cream over a low-medium heat in a small pan until steaming but not simmering (if it’s too hot the chocolate may split). Pour the cream over the chocolate and leave for 3 minutes, then gently stir until smooth and glossy.
- Use it hot: as a dip for fruit, or poured over ice cream, pancakes. Use it cool: (but still runny) as a pouring glaze for cakes or for filling tarts (chill the ganache in the tart case for a smooth finish). Use it cooler: (and thickened) for filling and icing cakes and cupcakes, or when a whipped ganache is called for.
This recipe makes enough to fill and ice one sponge cake.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Bundt cake recipes
Chocolate and soured cream bundt cake with ganache topping
Our chocolate bundt cake – with a blanket of chocolatey ganache – makes a decadent...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...