Corned beef and sweetcorn hash
- March 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
This classic corned beef and sweetcorn hash recipe is great for breakfast and can be made with ingredients from the storecupboard.
- 25.6g (8.7g saturated)
- 25.7 (3.5g sugars)
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- Knob of butter
- 400g waxy potatoes (such as charlotte), cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 300g tin corned beef, cut into chunks
- 120g tin sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil to a large frying pan and gently fry the onion over a low heat for 6 minutes to soften. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add another splash of oil and the butter to the pan, increase the heat to medium-high and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes until beginning to crisp and turn golden. Stir in the chilli flakes and dried thyme, fry for another minute or so, then add the corned beef. Season.
- Continue frying the corned beef, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until starting to crisp. Stir in the sweetcorn and return the cooked onion to the pan. Cook for a couple more minutes to warm through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in another large frying pan, crack the eggs into the pan and fry until the white has just set. Serve the corned beef and sweetcorn hash on warmed plates and top each serving with a fried egg.
Replace the tinned sweetcorn with frozen peas, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilli corned beef hash with egg
This chilli corned beef hash with egg recipe is budget-friendly and quick to make. Enjoy...